Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
Norwich and Peterborough Building Society
16.05.2019, 12:52
Beitrag: #1
Norwich and Peterborough Building Society
It only takes a 5 minute glance at this forum to see why that won't work - because MSErs and people like them will work within the letter of the rules (as they are entitled to) in order to gain a benefit. If there's a £500 minimum monthly deposit, it'll be there for three seconds and then out to a Halifax Reward account. If there's two direct debits needed one will be to PayPal and the other to a Tesco saver. Etc etc etc.
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
16.05.2019, 12:53
Beitrag: #2
RE: Norwich and Peterborough Building Society
What a shame a good Building Society is going to the wall,we had a morgage with them for nearly 20 years ( we live in the North East so not local to us ) but always had a good service from them.I think what started the decline was a service they brought out called Sharesave or something similar,i am sure it caused a lot of people to lose money and the BS had to reimburse them which in turn caused them to struggle and being bought out bt YBS. as i say a shame but life goes on.
Beitrag: #3
(16.05.2019 12:53)kiltbullhorn schrieb:  What a shame a good Building Society is going to the wall,we had a morgage with them for nearly 20 years ( we live in the North East so not local to us ) but always had a good service from them.I think what started the decline was a service they brought out called Sharesave or something similar,i am sure it caused a lot of people to lose money and the BS had to reimburse them which in turn caused them to struggle and being bought out bt YBS. as i say a shame but life goes on.

Conversely if they had made their current account only available to customers in local post-codes as other building societies do, it might not have been a loss. N&P provided a very good service for travelers which was open to all and sundry: Of course people are going to take advantage of it and game it and not just local people. In fact it was an MSE pick for a while.
Beitrag: #4
Did N&P members not have to vote on YBS taking them over? If so they only have themselves to blame. Just like when all the BS that converted the PLC's - folk only voted because of the free dosh they got. Now none of them exist as standalone banks in their own right.
16.05.2019, 12:53 (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 19.05.2019 07:31 von kiltbullhorn.)
Beitrag: #5
You've almost hit the nail on the head: What we have is local financial institutions which are marketed as national institutions or at least should be local according to their name. It's those which are failing. In addition to N&P being removed from the high street, we have for example Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks closing branches, Coventry Building Society closing its current account as well as many of its savings accounts including bonds and Airdrie Savings Bank closing down. It's a pattern: Norwich to Peterborough fail to capitalise on their local roots and try to appeal nationally. But who is going to bank with a bank or BS with a local name which is not local to them when they have Barclays or Lloyds or HSBC branches where they live?
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Kontakt | Texas-Trains Modellbau | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation